SUPV, DINING ON-CALL
Newport News, Virginia 23602Posted Date: Aug 17, 2020
TEXT TO APPLY: You can now complete your entire job application for this job via SMS text messaging!
Simply text JOB to 75000 & search for the requisition ID number 416738.
Click here to learn more.
- We have an opening for a SUPV, DINING ON-CALL position.
- Location: 2 Bernardine Drive Newport News, VA 23602. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: On-call; 11:30AM - 8:00PM.
- Requirement: Previous Food Service Supervisor/Management Experience.
Why It Is Safe For You to Work in Healthcare... We know that many of you who are new to working in a healthcare setting might be a little unsure about your safety. Yet, serving where the viruses and potential contagions are known and are being controlled is among the safest places to work!
For anyone who becomes a member of one of our teams, we make sure you are safe and well managed. We also have a lot of resources available for you. We believe that knowledge is power, and that with this knowledge in your back pocket, you will feel much better about serving in healthcare during this crisis.
WE MAKE IT EASY! You can now prerecord video introductions. Be more than just words on a resume and get in front of the hiring manager faster. Click here to get a sneak peek preview.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Morrison Healthcare is a leading national food and nutrition services company exclusively dedicated to serving more than 806 hospitals and healthcare systems. Morrison uses the Power of Food to create personalized dining experiences for patients and in their cafés to advance the healing and healthful missions of its clients. Morrison has been serving some of the nation's largest health systems for more than 65 years and leverages culinary, nutritional, and operational expertise to provide consistency and transform the healthcare experience. Morrison has been recognized as one of Modern Healthcare's Best Places to Work in 2020 for the 8th time and was named a Top 125 Training Organization by Training Magazine in 2020 for the 9th time. Glassdoor also named Morrison a 2018 Best Places to Work and CEO Tim Pierce a 2019 Most Admired CEO. Morrison is a Compass One Healthcare operating division within Compass Group and has more than 1,200 registered dietitians, 300 executive chefs, and 21,000 professional food service team members.
Full time associates at Morrison Healthcare are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: Responsible for coordinating patient meal service; e.g., menu selections, tray assembly, tray delivery and pick up, special requests and needs for Dining on Call Program. Ensures employees are adequately trained and units are properly staffed to provide service.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for Nutrition Operators, Workstation and Wait Staff Associates.
- Oversees systems and processes to ensure that the strategic and operational objectives of the Dining on Call service are accomplished.
- Assists in the selection and orientation of employees and oversees training of Dining on Call staff.
- Works with Nutrition Operators to ensure alternatives to menu as allowed on prescribed diet in accordance with food allergies or sensitivities, cultural, ethnic and religious preferences, when patient inquires or needs additional selections.
- Evaluates patient meal selection, tray completion, tray delivery, and tray retrieval process on a daily basis.
- Responsive to patient's needs at all times. Resolves patient concerns or complaints immediately and/or reports needed assistance to supervisor as appropriate.
- Complies with dietary restrictions on special, modified diets to ensure optimal food preferences are met within guidelines of diet order limitations.
- Oversees development and implementation of action plan within Dining on Call service, as appropriate.
- Coordinates and oversees daily and weekly activities/tasks performed by Dining on Call staff.
- Develops and posts employees schedules according to department's policy.
- Updates and communicates job flows changes of Dining on Call positions, as applicable.
- Interacts with nursing to ensure patients' diet prescriptions are accurate, and patient's food needs are met.
- Communicates any patient related problems/concerns to appropriate personnel, in a timely manner following departmental procedures.
- Submits all required documentation, reports, and logs in a timely, professional and complete manner.
- Visits patients on an assigned nursing unit or area and helps ensure that every patient is visited by a member of the management or professional team at least once during their hospital stay.
- Complies with regulatory agency standards, including federal, state, and JCAHO.
- Complies with federal, state and local health and sanitation regulations and department sanitation procedures.
- Follows HACCP guidelines when receiving, assembling and distributing food supplies to ensure quality and safety of food supply.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 416738